70cm Activity Ladder
1. Introduction. The main object of the 70cm Activity Ladder is to promote ATV activity on 70cm. Anyone interested in ATV, whether they are members of the British Amateur Television Club or not, are welcome to take part.
2. Eligibility. BATC Contests are open to all licensed radio amateurs who are equipped to transmit pictures by analogue or digital Fast Scan. There is no receive only section.
3. Dates and Times. The competition will run from 0000hrs UTC on 1st June 2022 to 2359hrs UTC on the 31st December 2022.
4. Location. Operating locations must be within the terms of your licence. If operating away from your main station, please get the permission of the landowner. Any (legal) location may be used, but contacts between two locations may only be claimed twice per week. For example, if you have a daily sked, you may claim for it twice per week. It is essential that you adhere to any local and national COVID virus movement and assembly restrictions in force.
5. Frequencies and Modes. This Ladder is restricted to the 70cm band, using AM or Digital ATV modes.
6. Power. Output power must not exceed that set out in the terms of your licence.
7. Exchange. Both a CALL SIGN and a FOUR-FIGURE code number must be conveyed via video and received by another station. Reception of the transmitted signal can only be via the RF link. Reception via a streamer is not permitted.
Confirmation of reception is by transmitting the sum of the code numbers (not the actual transmitted number) on the talk-back channel. Stations are encouraged to use amateur radio for talkback, but use of mobile phones or internet is permitted.
Please note that the contest number should be four random chosen digits. The digits shall neither be the same (e.g. 2222) nor consecutive (e.g. 4567 or 5432).
8. On-line logging. Use the 70cm Activity Ladder page on the BATC website here: https://batc.org.uk/contests/70cm-ladder/ and fill in the boxes for each contact as appropriate. The website will calculate the points awarded for the contact and add them to your total. You can add contacts made since the 1st January 2022 retrospectively. Entries will only be accepted via the on-line Activity Ladder web page.
9. Disputes. The decision of the contest manager and/or the BATC Committee is final.
10. Spirit of the Contest. Don’t leave your video transmission on any longer than necessary and don't hog the ATV calling channel 144.75 MHz; move off to another channel once the contact is established. Contests mean activity and good fun, join in and, even if you only work one or two stations, please use the Ladder to record your activity.
11. Declaration of Interest. Although acting as contest manager, I reserve the right to take part.
12. Contact Address. Queries can be submitted to: C. Reynolds, 49 Westborough Way, Anlaby Common, East Riding of Yorkshire HU4 7SW. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Clive Reynolds G3GJA / G8EQZ BATC Contest Manager 24 March 2022