Welcome to the British Amateur Television Club Wiki - the place to find information on on all Amateur Television related equipment and projects.
Please treat this is a reference library - please use the BATC forum for discussion on these or any other items.
This is your site, developed by the BATC for use by the worldwide ATV community - any information which you feel is of use to others can be put on the Wiki but please observe any copyright restrictions on your material you use.
Before you add or edit content you will need to register for an account - you do not need to be a BATC member. But please note, if you are a BATC member, your current BATC log in is not valid on this site.
Request an account here.
After you have confirmed your email address, an administrator will then be notified, will approve the account, and you can start writing! You will not be able to log in until you have confirmed your email address and your account has been approved.
We suggest that you create a username using your callsign in UPPER CASE, for example: "M0DNY". Then put your name and callsign in the Real Name field, for example "Phil M0DNY". This will enable us to consolidate all your BATC accounts into one single log-on in the future.
Any issues, please email Phil M0DNY at email@example.com
- 1 Contents
- 1.1 New to Amateur TV?
- 1.2 BATC services
- 1.3 CQ-TV Magazine
- 1.4 Getting on the air with ATV
- 1.5 Operating
- 1.6 ATV repeaters
- 1.7 ATV projects
- 1.8 ATV Equipment manuals and schematics
- 1.9 Ex commercial broadcast equipment manuals
- 1.10 Test equipment manuals
- 1.11 Other equipment information related to ATV
New to Amateur TV?
- Get the basics in our collection of Getting Started guides
- Joining the BATC
- Renewing your membership
- Resetting your password
- The BATC.TV video streaming service
- The BATC video archive
- The BATC forum
- The BATC shop
Getting on the air with ATV
The ATV bands:
The different ATV modes
- Reduced bandwidth TV (RB-TV)
- Directory of portable sites suitable for ATV operation
- Mapping tools including finding the QRA locator of a site and Lat and Long conversion
- Propagation tools
- MiniTioune - the DATV USB tuner project
- DigiThin - plug in QPSK modulator module for Rpi
- DTX1 TS - interface board to take in TS streams to the DTX1
- RpiDATV - software for the Rpi
- RBTVMOD - variable rate RB-TV mdulator for the Rpi
- DATVExpress - SDR hardware based DATV transmitter covering 70 - 2450 MHz
- RPi Test Card - Raspberry Pi based Animated Test Card Generator
- SUP2400 DiSEqC - SUP2400 DiSEqC PCBs
- PE4302 - PE4302 variable attenuator project
ATV Equipment manuals and schematics
- Comtech module - 23cms and 13cms ATV Tx and Rx circuits and guides
- Solent ATV units - Tx and Rx circuits and information
Ex commercial broadcast equipment manuals
Test equipment manuals
For HP and Agilent equipment see the Yahoo group