Welcome to the British Amateur Television Club Wiki - the place to find information on on all Amateur Television related equipment and projects.
For details on how to join the BATC, the member's shop and CQ-TV archive and download visit the BATC website https://batc.org.uk/
This is your site, developed by the BATC for use by the worldwide ATV community - any information which you feel is of use to others can be put on the Wiki but please observe any copyright restrictions on your material you use.
You do not need an account to view and read the information on the wiki, however before you can add or edit content you will need to register for an account.
This is a reference library - please use the BATC forum for discussion on these or any other items.
- 1 Contents
- 2 New to Amateur TV?
- 3 BATC Information and services
- 4 CQ-TV Magazine
- 5 BATC Event Streaming Equipment
- 6 BATC Conventions
- 7 International Events
- 8 Getting on the air with ATV
- 9 Advanced encoding / input options
- 10 Operating
- 11 ATV repeaters
- 12 Es'hail-2
- 13 ATV construction projects
- 14 Deutschsprachiges Wiki
- 15 Useful Circuits and notes
- 16 ATV Equipment manuals and schematics
- 17 Ex commercial broadcast equipment manuals
- 18 Test equipment manuals
- 19 Other equipment information related to ATV
- Registering on the BATC wiki
New to Amateur TV?
- Glossary and index of terms and TLAs used in Amateur Television Glossary of terms
- Get the basics in our collection of Getting Started guides
BATC Information and services
- The new BATC website
- Joining the BATC
- Renewing your membership
- The BATC Privacy statement and data protection policy
- The original BATC.TV video streaming service - pre May 2018
- The BATC video archive
- The BATC forum
- The BATC shop
- The WordPress Streaming Parameters
BATC Event Streaming Equipment
- CAT 19 South (Didcot) Presentations from the 2019 regional convention at Didcot.
- CAT 19 Finningley Presentations from the 2019 regional convention at Finningley.
- CAT 19 Bristol Presentations from the 2019 regional convention at Bristol.
- CAT 18 Coventry Presentations and links to the videos from the 2018 convention.
- CAT 17 Finningley| Antenna test range results, presentations and links to the videos from the 2017 convention.
- CAT 16 Cosford Presentations and links to the videos from the 2016 convention.
- Video Recordings from previous ATV Conventions can be found on the BATC YouTube Channel.
- HAM RADIO 2018 ATV Presentations from HAM RADIO 2018 at Friedrichsafen.
- HAM RADIO 2019 ATV Presentations from HAM RADIO 2019 at Friedrichsafen.
Getting on the air with ATV
The ATV bands
- 71 MHz
- 146 MHz RB-TV
- 70cms Analogue TV
- 70cm DATV
- 23cms ATV
- 3.4 GHz DATV
- 5.6 GHz
- 10 GHz
- April 2018 Presentation to MMRT about ATV on 5.6 10 and 24 GHz
The different ATV modes
- Reduced bandwidth TV (RB-TV)
Advanced encoding / input options
Details of advanced transmission configurations, primarily for H265,and video production software.
- Vmix output in to Portsdown IPTS input
- OBS output in to Portsdown IPTS input
- Using GTX10xx Graphics card encoder with OBS
- Using the Pluto for DATV
- Using the Jetson Nano with Portsdown
- ATV standards - a list of standards used by ATV operators including FM bandwidths, DATV PIDs, symbol rates and FEC
- Directory of portable sites suitable for ATV and microwave operation
- Google map showing possible portable operating sites
- Mapping tools including finding the QRA locator of a site, UK postcode to Lat and Long conversion and a topographic overlay for Google maps
- Propagation tools
- UK ATV DX Records - a list of Known DX Records for the UK
- Christmas 2018 BATC Repeater Activity Contest
- Christmas 2019 BATC Repeater Activity Contest
- IARU ATV contest - How to enter the annual international TV contest
- IARU ATV contest 2020 International Results - International Results for the June 2020 IARU Contest
- IARU ATV contest 2019 International Results - International Results for the June 2019 IARU Contest
- IARU ATV contest 2018 Results - UK Results for the June 2018 IARU and BATC Contests
- IARU ATV contest 2018 International Results - International Results for the June 2018 IARU Contest
- September 2019 BATC Low Band Contest
ATV construction projects
- The Portsdown Transmitter - the BATC's Raspberry Pi-based DATV Transmitter
- MiniTioune - the DATV USB receiver project
- Ryde Receiver - Dedicated DATV set top box project
- Receiver upconverters - Details of upconverters to receive 146 and 437 MHz on STB and MiniTioune
- Jetson Nano - Third generation computer-based DATV Transmitter
- Digilite - The original home build DATV construction project
- DigiThin - plug in QPSK modulator module for Rpi
- DTX1 TS - interface board to take in TS streams to the DTX1
- RpiDATV - software for the Rpi
- RBTVMOD - variable rate RB-TV mdulator for the Rpi
- DATVExpress - SDR hardware based DATV transmitter covering 70 - 2450 MHz
- RPi Test Card - Raspberry Pi based Animated Test Card Generator
- PE4302 - PE4302 variable attenuator project
- ADF435x PIC - PIC controllers for Chinese ADF4350/4351 boards
- DigiTwist - an experimental 2 axis satellite tracker
- G4WIM PA controller - an advanced PA controller design by G4WIM published in CQ-TV 265
- Portsdown DATV Projekt - Deutschsprachiges Wiki
- Minitioune(r) - Deutschsprachiges Wiki
Useful Circuits and notes
- Antenna changeover relays - Notes on suitable antenna change over relays for ATV use.
- Filters - Collection of links and designs for that most critical but over looked component!
- Pre-amps - Notes, suppliers and circuits of pre-amplifiers suitable for ATV
- Power amplifiers - Notes, suppliers and circuits of power amplifiers suitable for ATV
- Video circuits - Notes and circuits for video processing
- Satellite receiver tuning offsets - Note on how to set up a satellite receiver to directly receive L band signals.
- Using ex-satellite dishes - Notes on how to find the feed point of a dish and designs for feeds to use
ATV Equipment manuals and schematics
- Bob Platts G8OZP Circuits and documentation for the Bob Platts range of equipment
- Comtech module - 23cms and 13cms ATV Tx and Rx circuits and guides
- Solent ATV units - Tx and Rx circuits and information
- Wood & Douglas FM TV equipment - Circuits, pcb layouts and information
- LMW Electronics - Circuits, pcb layouts and information
- Fortop - Circuits, pcb layouts and information
- Glencom - VC-510 VHF to L band up converter circuit diagram and modifications
- Global communications - Hand drawn circuit of tuneable 70 / 140 MHz to L band block up converter
- Jaybeam - Details of many Jaybeam aerials
Ex commercial broadcast equipment manuals
Test equipment manuals
For HP and Agilent equipment see the Yahoo group