Welcome to the British Amateur Television Club Wiki - the place to find information on all Amateur Television related equipment and projects. For details on how to join the BATC, the member's shop and CQ-TV archive and download visit the BATC website https://batc.org.uk/
This is your site, developed by the BATC for use by the worldwide ATV community - any information which you feel is of use to others can be put on the Wiki but please observe any copyright restrictions on the material you use.
- New to Amateur TV - Get the basics on our Getting Started page
- For details on the Portsdown DATV transmit and receive system go to the Portsdown pages
- For information on the MiniTiouner USB DATV receiver go to MiniTiouner
- For the DATV equipment capability list go to https://wiki.batc.org.uk/DATV_equipment_capability
- 1 Contents
- 2 New to Amateur TV?
- 3 BATC Information and services
- 4 BATC projects
- 5 CQ-TV Magazine
- 6 BATC Event Streaming Equipment
- 7 BATC Conventions
- 8 International Events
- 9 Getting on the air with ATV
- 10 Advanced encoding / input options
- 11 Operating
- 12 ATV repeaters
- 13 Es'hail-2
- 14 ATV projects
- 15 Deutschsprachiges Wiki
- 16 Useful Circuits and notes
- 17 ATV Equipment manuals and schematics
- 18 Ex commercial broadcast equipment manuals
- 19 Test equipment manuals
- 20 Other equipment information related to ATV
- Registering on the BATC wiki
New to Amateur TV?
- Get the basics on our Getting Started page
BATC Information and services
- The BATC archive Collection of photos and documents from BATC's past
- The new BATC website
- Joining the BATC
- Renewing your membership
- The BATC Privacy statement and data protection policy
- The original BATC.TV video streaming service - pre May 2018
- The BATC video archive
- The BATC forum
- The BATC shop
- The Portsdown Transmitter - the BATC's Raspberry Pi-based DATV Transmitter
- MiniTioune - the DATV DVB-S / S2 receiver project
- Ryde Receiver - Dedicated DATV set top box project
- Knucker - Variable bandwidth DVB-T project
- Advanced receiver hardware - Details of the BATC advanced receiver hardware.
- WinterHill Receiver Project - Multi-channel DVB-S / S2 project
- BATC Video Source - The Raspberry Pi-based composite video source described in CQ-TV 270
- Digilite - The original home build DATV construction project
BATC Event Streaming Equipment
- CAT 20 Presentations from CAT 20 which was conducted as a Zoom Webinar.
- CAT 19 South (Didcot) Presentations from the 2019 regional convention at Didcot.
- CAT 19 Finningley Presentations from the 2019 regional convention at Finningley.
- CAT 19 Bristol Presentations from the 2019 regional convention at Bristol.
- CAT 18 Coventry Presentations and links to the videos from the 2018 convention.
- CAT 17 Finningley| Antenna test range results, presentations and links to the videos from the 2017 convention.
- CAT 16 Cosford Presentations and links to the videos from the 2016 convention.
- Video Recordings from previous ATV Conventions can be found on the BATC YouTube Channel.
- HAM RADIO 2018 ATV Presentations from HAM RADIO 2018 at Friedrichsafen.
- HAM RADIO 2019 ATV Presentations from HAM RADIO 2019 at Friedrichsafen.
Getting on the air with ATV
The ATV bands
- 71 MHz
- 146 MHz RB-TV
- 70cms Analogue TV
- 70cm DATV
- 23cms ATV
- 3.4 GHz DATV
- 5.6 GHz
- 10 GHz
- April 2018 Presentation to MMRT about ATV on 5.6 10 and 24 GHz
The different ATV modes
Advanced encoding / input options
Details of advanced transmission configurations, primarily for H265,and video production software.
- Vmix output in to Portsdown IPTS input
- OBS output in to Portsdown IPTS input
- Using GTX10xx Graphics card encoder with OBS
- Using the Pluto for DATV
- Using the Jetson Nano with Portsdown
- DATV equipment capability - Wiki page documenting the capabilities of common DATV transmit and receive equipment.
- ATV standards - a list of standards used by ATV operators including FM bandwidths, DATV PIDs, symbol rates and FEC
- Directory of portable sites suitable for ATV and microwave operation
- Google map showing possible portable operating sites
- Mapping tools including finding the QRA locator of a site, UK postcode to Lat and Long conversion and a topographic overlay for Google maps
- Propagation tools
- UK ATV DX Records - a list of Known DX Records for the UK
- Christmas 2018 BATC Repeater Activity Contest
- Christmas 2019 BATC Repeater Activity Contest
- Christmas 2020 BATC Repeater Activity Contest and Activity Challenge
- 2021 5.6GHz Activity Ladder
- IARU ATV contest - How to enter the annual international TV contest
- IARU ATV contest 2021 Rules and Entry Form
- IARU ATV contest 2020 International Results - International Results for the June 2020 IARU Contest
- IARU ATV contest 2019 International Results - International Results for the June 2019 IARU Contest
- IARU ATV contest 2018 Results - UK Results for the June 2018 IARU and BATC Contests
- IARU ATV contest 2018 International Results - International Results for the June 2018 IARU Contest
- September 2019 BATC Low Band Contest
- Receiver upconverters - Details of upconverters to receive 146 and 437 MHz on STB and MiniTioune
- Jetson Nano - Third generation computer-based DATV Transmitter
- DTX1 TS - interface board to take in TS streams to the DTX1
- RpiDATV - software for the Rpi
- RBTVMOD - variable rate RB-TV mdulator for the Rpi
- DATVExpress - SDR hardware based DATV transmitter covering 70 - 2450 MHz
- PE4302 - PE4302 variable attenuator project
- ADF435x PIC - PIC controllers for Chinese ADF4350/4351 boards
- DigiTwist - an experimental 2 axis satellite tracker
- G4WIM PA controller - an advanced PA controller design by G4WIM published in CQ-TV 265
- WinterHill Receiver Project
- Portsdown DATV Projekt - Deutschsprachiges Wiki
- Minitioune(r) - Deutschsprachiges Wiki
Useful Circuits and notes
- Antenna changeover relays - Notes on suitable antenna change over relays for ATV use.
- Filters - Collection of links and designs for that most critical but over looked component!
- Pre-amps - Notes, suppliers and circuits of pre-amplifiers suitable for ATV
- Power amplifiers - Notes, suppliers and circuits of power amplifiers suitable for ATV
- Video circuits - Notes and circuits for video processing
- Satellite receiver tuning offsets - Note on how to set up a satellite receiver to directly receive L band signals.
- Using ex-satellite dishes - Notes on how to find the feed point of a dish and designs for feeds to use
ATV Equipment manuals and schematics
- Bob Platts G8OZP Circuits and documentation for the Bob Platts range of equipment
- Comtech module - 23cms and 13cms ATV Tx and Rx circuits and guides
- Solent ATV units - Tx and Rx circuits and information
- Wood & Douglas FM TV equipment - Circuits, pcb layouts and information
- LMW Electronics - Circuits, pcb layouts and information
- Fortop - Circuits, pcb layouts and information
- Glencom - VC-510 VHF to L band up converter circuit diagram and modifications
- Global communications - Hand drawn circuit of tuneable 70 / 140 MHz to L band block up converter
- Jaybeam - Details of many Jaybeam aerials
Ex commercial broadcast equipment manuals
Test equipment manuals
For HP and Agilent equipment see the Yahoo group