Software Capability Matrix
There are 88 major modes that can be selected from the Portsdown Console Menu. This table is a guide to the modes that work, or are in various stages of development. An X means that the mode does not work or does not make sense. Please read with the notes below.
|CAMH264||Working 1||Working 2||Working 3||Working 4||X||Working 5||? 6||Working 30|
|CAMMPEG-2||Working 7||Working 8||Working 3||Working 4||X||Working 9||? 6||Working 31|
|PATERNAUDIO||Working 10||Working 11||?||?||X||X 12||? 6||Working|
|CARRIER||Working 13||? 14||X||X||X||Working 15||X||X|
|IPTSIN||Working 17||? 18||?||?||X||?||X||Not tested|
|ANALOGCAM||Working 19||Working 20||X 21||X 21||X||X 22||?||X|
|DESKTOP||Working 23||Working 24||?||?||X||X 25||? 6||Working|
|CONTEST||Working 26||Working 27||?||?||X||Working 28||? 6||Working|
Please feel free to contribute your experiences to this page.
1. CAMH264 transmits an H264 704 x 576 image from the RPi Camera at SRs from 125KS up to over 4MS with the Portsdown filter-modulator board. The image is also displayed on the touchscreen if the viewfinder is not turned off. No sound is transmitted.
2. QPSKRF uses software to generate a dirty H264 QPSK DVB-S RF signal on one of the GPIO pins with harmonics at up to 437 MHz. The maximum SR available is about 400KS. No sound is transmitted.
5. DVB-S H264 transmissions using the Pi Camera at Symbol Rates from 125 KS to 4 MS. See Controlling_a_DATVExpress
9. DVB-S MPEG-2 transmissions using the Pi Camera and USB dongle sound at Symbol Rates from 125 KS to 4 MS. See Controlling_a_DATVExpress
12. The FileTS (playing a pre-recorded TS file) and PATERNAUDIO (test card) and Desktop modes do not function properly with DATV Express. Work is ongoing to improve this capability.
15. Selecting Carrier activates Carrier mode on the DATV Express.
22. Analogue Capture does work with some EasyCap dongles, but not with others. Successful encoding has been demonstrated at between 333 and 1000 KS with one dongle, but only intermittent pictures with another. The Analogue input and the DATV Express output both go through the same USB controller and it is suspected that it is overloaded. It is hoped to resolve this issue in the future.
25. The Desktop mode do not function properly with DATV Express. Work is ongoing to improve this capability.
29. DigiThin mode has not been tested, but may well work. Please e-mail G8GKQ if you are prepared to test and use this mode - I can help!
30. The Image from the Pi Camera fills the PAL Composite video frame. Make sure to set SR2000 so that the quality is not reduced to fit in a mythical small bandwidth.
31. A border is inserted around the video PAL Composite video frame. Otherwise looks good.